Jul 31, 2009

Shower The Ones You Love With Books


What do you get for a pregnant friend who already has all the practical essentials? Something truly essential... books! I was fortunate to attend a baby shower for my friend Tracy, who is having her second child any day (she hopes!). The hostess asked that the attendees bring a book as a gift for the baby. I love this idea! I wanted to get some board books that could stand up to the wear and tear of two boys. So, my kiddies and I headed to the bookstore (yipee!) to pick out some books. I was happy to find The Monster at the End of This Book in board book. I also found a baby-sized version of Ten Little Ladybugs, called Five Little Ladybugs. It's adorable! One of the guest at the shower gifted this amazing book:



I do love giving books as gifts! What is your favorite book to give as a gift, or what book do you think would make a great baby shower gift?

2 comments:

Tim said...

Thanks for books. I really liked the ladybug one even before I knew that it was from you. And now I have something to grab when someone starts singing "Read a book, read a book ..."

Rebecca said...

Someone has to take charge of your children's literacy!