May 28, 2009

Camping With Family and Friends


I love my children. I love them so much, I give up my bed to sleep on the ground for two nights. But, I do reap the rewards of eating s'mores with them, wiping their marshmallow and chocolate-covered faces clean so I can see their sweet, sweet smiles.
This weekend is our annual camping trip with two other families. While I love my yard and gardening, I don't consider myself an outdoorsy kinda gal. I abhorred the thought of joining the Girl Scouts as a child. Luckily for me, my gal pals feel the same way. We were lucky to find a camp ground last year with a lake, real potties and showers, a convenience store, and an ice cream stand across the way. Oh, and gotta love the pride some campers take in their campsites.



So, I'm looking for recommendations on picture books about camping. We currently have two books about camping, and while the kiddies enjoy them, I'm always on the look-out for a good book. The first book is an easy reader, PJ Funnybunny Camps Out. I like this one because my daughter can practice her reading with it. The other is a Dora book, and what kid doesn't love that little Latina adventurer? Dora's Camping Trip was a good introduction for my kids first year of camping, but we're looking for something new. Send me your recommendations for favorite books about camping!

No comments: